Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to many common questions asked by clients
Do you accept insurance?
At the present time, DRH Coaching does not contract with any insurance companies.
However, you will be provided with an itemized receipt which you can use for tax purposes or which you can submit for third party reimbursement.
Will you negotiate payment plans or sliding scale?
Payment plans are generally not available. Contact DRH Coaching directly at 505-228-8553 to discuss your situation & potential arrangements.
Can you prescribe medication?
Yes, I can prescribe medication. I am a licensed Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner in the state of New Mexico. I can write prescriptions only for clients residing in New Mexico.
Do you take credit cards?
Do you offer virtual meetings & sessions?
Yes. Services are provided in person, via phone, or via virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom.
Do I need to live in New Mexico to utilize your services?
No. I am happy to provide coaching services to clients anywhere in the world.
Do you offer free, initial phone consultations?
What is your approach to your work?
What are your qualifications?
- I am a certified coach by the International Coach Federation.
- I have a PhD in Health Education and Health Promotion. I have two Master’s Degrees in Nursing, one as an Advanced Practice Nurse in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing and the other as a Community Health Clinical Nurse Specialist/Family Nurse Practitioner.
- I am nationally board-certified as an Adult Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner and have over 20 years’ experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- I am nationally board-certified as an Advanced Practice Holistic Nurse.
- I am nationally board-certified as a Health and Wellness Nurse Coach.
- I have completed Master Training in Enhancing Intuition from the National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine.
- I am in the process of becoming a Certified Tarot Card Reader with Hay House, Inc.
- I participate in ongoing training as a Systemic Constellation Facilitator.
- I am licensed as a Registered Nurse and Certified Nurse Practitioner (Psychiatric Mental Health) in the state of New Mexico.
What is the difference between coaching and counseling? Can you provide examples?
- Coaching is primarily for those who can benefit from having a supportive partner as they move toward one or several goals. For example, clients have hired me to coach them to successful dissertation completion in a timely manner. Another client hired me to coach him through the first year of a very stressful job in which he was committed to excel. Another of my clients receives ongoing coaching as she develops her successful nursing practice business.
- Counseling is primarily for those who wish to develop deeper insight into current life circumstances. Typically, past and current experiences are explored to identify patterns which create barriers to successful attainment of personal goals. Emotional and spiritual healing is a key component of counseling. For example, one client desired to identify patterns that prevented her from being in a successful relationship. Another client wanted counseling support through a difficult divorce.
What is the difference between a licensed counselor and a nurse psychotherapist?
- Nurse psychotherapists are advanced practice registered nurses who have a broad background in nursing as well as psychiatric and mental health problems. Advanced practice nurses diagnose and treat disease and prescribe medications when needed. Licensed counselors cannot diagnose and treat disease and cannot prescribe medication or manage medication therapy.
- Counselors and nurse psychotherapists each require professional licensure. Both counselors and nurse psychotherapists provide counseling services. Some counselors and some nurse psychotherapists provide coaching services.